Monday, March 17, 2014

you will ...

...probably think I am completely off my rocker. Which is highly likely, but not for this particular reason. I told TP last night that I believe there are things in this world that mortals cannot explain. Events that occur, items that vanish for no apparent reason. There are always things that are happening, that we cannot apply logic to - no explaining why...

Not specifically airliners with over two hundred people aboard, as I believe it will eventually be found. But I am pretty susceptible to believing in things of a supernatural nature. I don't know if it is due to my brother 'forcing' me to watch weird TV shows as a kid. Things that were scripted and filmed to creep viewers out. Like the Twilight Zone. From the demented mind of Rod Serling. That show could probably still make the hair stand up on the back of my neck, even though they might appear archaic today, give the impression of completely lame, with nerdy special effects, if we were to be watching them again after all this time..

I read a library book years ago, surely science fiction (which is pretty unlikely as a topic of interest for me), about some people that were out west, walking through a farm gate into a pasture, and discover that gate was an opening to another dimension. Which makes me think about that David Bowie movie about people who are here, right alongside us, sitting, eating, drinking, driving, sleeping, that we can't see because they are in another dimension. I think it was 'The Man Who Fell to Earth"? Not saying that I really believe they are here among us - but can you think it's possible?

You know there area things that disappear out there in the Bermuda Triangle, right? And people who vanished in the farthest reaches of the Amazon rain forest? (Though some think they were put in the stew pot and consumed.) And people who went to climb mountains, started up and never came down?  And children who vanish, seemingly in plain sight one minute, then never seen again? Along with little inconsequential things like missing car keys that never, ever turn up, even when you (Murphy's Law) go to the trouble and expense of getting replacements? 

Is there a junk drawer (like everyone has in their kitchen) somewhere out there in the farthest reaches of the universe, big enough to hold all the things - large and small, people, B-52's, tall ships from another century, car keys, wallets that simply disappear?

No comments:

Post a Comment