Saturday, March 15, 2014

weekend for traveling...

I left home on Friday to drive to TN. Not as early as I usually do - which means I was not chugging up the Interstate highway in the pitch black dark. I did not leave home until mid-morning, due to wanting to go with TP to a dr. appt. You know how guys are: if you not there to get the 'straight-skinny' in person, all you hear is '... oh, just fine'. Which is, of course, not the case at all, or there would be  not appt. with the dr. to start off with.

Got to Decatur around noon, which was about what I had expected/told my cuzzin I would do, when asking if she could make herself available to meet for lunch. So F and F and F went to lunch together, then all our separate ways. Cuzzin to spend time with her m-i-l, F to work and me on the interstate highway headed north-er. Traffic was about what one would expect on a Friday afternoon, even though I was hoping that I had started out early enough to avoid the worst. You know how you stop, slow, inch along, stop, creep some more, and suddenly return to full speed without ever knowing what caused everyone in all a three lanes to come to a screeching, red-tail-light flashing halt? We did that several times, with out the first inkling of what the road hazard might be: no wrecks, no debris, no flashing blue lights: nothing to indicate why we were crawling along at four-and-a-half miles per hour... then speeding back up to what most folk consider the 'minimum', but is actually the posted maximum: 70 mph.

Arriving in downtown Chattanooga about 4:30, to meet with J., and take a little stroll along the riverwalk, awaiting quitting time for the person I came to visit. But she called, and said she was back in town, from two days in Knoxville, and ready to quit being productive for the week. So we walked a while, then went to a little Indian restaurant to experience an experience. It was interesting. I don't think I recognized anything on the menu except rice, but what I ate was surprisingly good: meaning not so spice-y it burns twice.

Then we came home. And though I said I would never eat again in this life, we ate ice cream straight out of the carton. And went to bed, which is what is recommended when one has ate too much and needs to go lay down to aid digestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment