Friday, March 7, 2014

398...

...miles since I got up this morning about 5:00. I actually probably woke up closer to 3:00, and could not make myself get out of my warm nest to get up and get dressed. Thinking, as I am sure you would do: where in God's green earth would anyone want to go at 3:30 in the morning? I can't answer that one either, which is why I laid there pondering, in the cozy bed for over an hour before finally getting up to tend to the demands of the invalid cat. Then got dressed and on the road.

Drove to Q-town, arriving about 9:00 and puttered around in the yard a bit, pulling up a few of the fast growing weedy things that have sprung up due to recent rains and warm weather/sunshine. Noticed some of the abundant azaleas around town have already started to bloom, as well as prolific bulbs: daffodils and snowdrops in weedy/overgrown flower beds.  Went to the cemetery to remove weather beaten silk poinsettias, and replace with bright yellow cup-and-saucer silk daffodils I bought at Wallyworld earlier in the week.  Along with some fresh greenery cuttings on grandparents where I am forbidden to put anything 'artificial'.

I drove over to Valdosta to see the auntie. I'd written to tell her I was coming, and asking if she wanted to go along for lunch with friends from FL. She was still in bed when I called to confirm plans. But got up and dressed for going by the time I got there about 10:30. We met the R. and D. for chicken salad lunch, and had a nice visit.

Then I drove a  reverse path, (theoretically - not really in reverse!) to get back home about 8:00. Another of those days when I feel like I spent more time coming and going than being there. But well worth the trip to visit with some of my favorites. They'll spend the night in Valdosta, and see the star attraction: grandson on Sat., then return to FL.

On my way back to C., I stopped at a Publix, and asked to use the computer available to employees. I wanted to check the schedule for the new work week that starts tomorrow. A couple of things I had on my calendar, planned to do on Sat., had fallen though, and I thought I had nothing on my 'to do' list. All the guys in the break room in that store were asking: who-are-you, where-do-you-work, where-did-you-come-from, do-I-know-you? I just smiled and said: just checking my schedule, thanks guys. I am supposed to be at work at 7:00 am tomorrow, so I guess I better go to bed? Good thing all those other events got cancelled!!



No comments:

Post a Comment