Sunday, March 16, 2014

262...

...miles in the pouring rain this morning to get back to Columbus and go to work.  Stopped in Union City just south of Atl. to get some caffeine, and got back to town about 9:30. Stopped at the BK for a biscuit that was not at all what I ordered. I requested a butter biscuit with strawberry jam. And got one with no butter and grape jelly. But by the time I discovered they gave me what they wanted me to have,  instead of what I had asked for, I was sitting in front of Publix. Preparing myself to spend the day in wet shoes and socks when I walked across the parking lot that was like a big wide stream with water running full force towards the street.

It looks like it has finally quit raining, and I know to be thankful that it was rain instead of snow, ice or sleet creating terrible road conditions like people in the northeast are dealing with. And I suspect that when the sun comes out after all this drenching rain, we will really begin to see things starting to green up, looking spring-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment