Saturday, December 21, 2013

Callaway Gardens in the Dark







Poor quality photos from the night my friend and I did the 'night walk' through Callaway Gardens. It was back in mid-November, on the only night the Gardens allows pedestrians to walk through the Fantasy In Lights show. It is fund raiser for the national March Of Dimes, with a portion of the funds going to support their programs. And since the cost of doing the walk through has risen each year, from  five bucks when I started doing it with my kids, to the price we paid this year: $16 for the privilege of walking the five mile route with a gazillion other gawkers. They do not allow bikes, or skateboards, or scooters, but kids in little red wagons or strollers and grandma in her wheel chair are acceptable.

I think in an earlier missive, I mentioned that the management people at CG had opened the gardens one night early on for golf carts! and motorcycles? and bicyclists.

So here's the photos… crummy though they may be, taken with my phone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment