Friday, December 27, 2013

being helpful with a bit of floral work...

I am doing the wedding flowers for a bride who will get married on Saturday. Her parents and I go to church together, and her mom is a friend. The mom is the church receptionist, I see every week when I deliver the clean towels back to the kitchen. I've listened over recent months as J. has expressed concerns about this relationship that is about to become legally binding. And the newly weds will be immediaetly moving to Alaska where the groom recently relocated at the behest of his employer: U.S. Army.

I went with J. a couple of weeks ago to the wholesale floral supply business in Opelika (about thirty min. drive) to order the fresh flowers, and back again on Thursday afternoon to pick up the 'ingredients' for the bride's bouquet. After work today, I called all the other Publix, checking for roses. Then drove all over town looking for little sweetheart sized white roses to make the corsages for the mom's, grands and serving people, plus boutonnieres for the guys (groom wearing Army uniform). I've been putting the hand held bouquets together, will wait till near delivery time to wrap the stems so they stay in water/fresh till needed. I'll get the little satin bows tied for the corsages, and get up in the morning and do the other stuff.

The photography people will be at the church at 1:00, so I will need to get all my part delivered before then. And already looking forward to an afternoon of: nothing. If I can get my kitchen floor cleaned, following the mess I've made with leaves, stems, trimming stuff, I think I will reward myself with one of the many movies I'd like to see before they leave the theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment