Monday, December 30, 2013

annual dr. appt....

Well, it looks like I did a pretty good job of putting it off as long as humanly possible, and still getting it done before the end of the year. Not actually my fault, as the insurance company will apparently only pay to have it done once a year, and not before the date it occurred in the previous year. So, even though I originally intended to get it done right around my birthday, it would get a couple of days later each year. Thinking, I guess, that I could remember it better if I could think it of as the same time as trying to get my license renewed?

The scheduling person would look at the calendar and say: 'well, can you come on the whatever?', and I'd offer a compromise, and we would end up with something just a bit later each time. So that appointment that started off as an annual occasion in September has now gotten pushed back a bit each time, inching along until it has nearly fallen off the calendar entirely. Sort of slouching along to see if I could put it off so long that it eventually got omitted entirely...

There is good news in that annual ordeal: you know, the miserable, humiliating event you start dreading as soon as you put your clothes back on - even though it will be at  least 364 days before it happens again. The dr. said that I am at the age that the medical experts say I don't have to do it anymore. This is one of the few bits of good news I've heard about getting older... the only other I can think of is that I got a COLA raise of $21 a month . Even though I have to nearly run out of month before I get that boost in funds/deposit on the fourth Wednesday, it's always a welcome surprise in my checking account.

No comments:

Post a Comment