Saturday, December 28, 2013

being helpful, post script...

I did such a great job on those bouquets, I am sorry I didn't think to take photos, so I could impress all three of my blog readers by letting you view the results. Finished the brides and bridesmaids bouquets last night, except for the ribbon wrap on the stems. And got up (too early) this morning to do the other flowers: corsages for moms, grandmothers, boutennairs for groomsmen, dads, grandfathers. Got it all delivered by 11:00. Then had to dash off to another Publix to get three white carnations to make some little frou-frou/corsages for the servers/food helpers to wear. Devoted people who are church members that can often be found helping out with the kitchen work, willing servants for never-ending KP duty.

I had enough leftover greenery and fresh flowers to make a big pretty swag to attach to the large wooden cross the bride's dad and grandfathers made to decorate on the stage. Her mom had cut down some good-sized crape myrtle trees, put them in some big, square, white wooden planters, and hung twinkle lights all over the bare branches. And lots of strands of clear crystals hanging from the ceiling. It looked fantastic.That mom did an amazing job with the stage decorating. She is so talented, clever, and a great one for 'thinking outside the box', with the things she comes up with to decorate the sanctuary.

I'd had enough of rainy day, and wet feets, so came home to work on that mess on my kitchen counter- flotsam and jetsam catch-all. I'll ask for some photos to show you what  great job I did on the bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment