Wednesday, November 22, 2017

true confessions...

... that should be added to the previous writing about freeing up closet space.  There were a couple of things I was not quite ready to part with. I am almost certain they will go out the door next week, when I look at them a few more times, probably say: "Out, dammed spot!"  (Was that from the murderous Ophelia?)



One: the dress I got married in, 36 years ago. It would probably still fit. But from this vantage point, I find it to be remarkably ugly. I'm thinking I might take it to a resale shop, expecting someone, somewhere might think it the perfect thing for holiday partying. Its sort of sheer, a pale gray color, long sleeves, with little pearl buttons, and probably just below knee length. Just not me anymore.  Oh, did I say it's the last/only dress left in my closet?  I'm so done with that: all the others have been gone for years!


And a jacket that is so ready for fun, it looks like a party waiting to happen.  My amusing daughter reported she thought it the perfect thing to wear on a cruise, sadly discovering it was not her size.  So she gave it to me before we departed to go off into the Caribbean on a big boat.  Years ago, and not worn since - but it still looks in need of a celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment