Friday, November 17, 2017

a little jobette....

... when I went to do a day of substitute teaching on Thursday. Thinking I should try to at least get ten days of sub. work in before the end of the semester in mid-December, I found a position that I hoped would work.  I called the school to ask if it would be acceptable for a one-handed person to try to manage for a half day. And was given a counter proposal: take a Kindergarten class instead, though it would be a full day. I had the day open, and wanted to give it a try, willing to attempt when I heard there would be a para-pro in the class as well.

I did, we did, it all worked out. Everyone survived. So I signed up for another one today.

Being so handicapped, and limited with what I am physically able to do: writing is a real struggle - possible - but really difficult. With the left hand, it looks like the work of  five year old.  Since the right hand continues to be confined in a cast from palm nearly to elbow, anything I can produce (with either hand) looks cramped and cribbed. Hopefully, only two more weeks of this, then on to rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment