Thursday, November 9, 2017

raining....

... here overnight, which perfectly suits my dark dreary mood. Usually mostly positive, I will need some sunshine/vitamin D to improve a dismal attitude. Struggling to see those rays of bright glorious light behind the damp, drab, sodden, low-hanging clouds...

My follow-up appt. with hand surgeon was yesterday.  I was very hopeful about receiving good news, telling everyone who asked I hoped to be set free! I had mentally prepared myself to hear him say I would be starting therapy, and be relieved of constricting bindings immobilizing hand. No such luck, sad to say.  Took off all the wrappings.  Removed sixteen stitches: wow that hurt!  Took more x-rays, and gave bad news. It has not grown back together like he planned/expected. So I will be wearing a cast for three more weeks. No bending, no lifting, no using.

With great reluctance, I agreed, accepting the unexpected change of plans.  I feel like I am back to square #1.Came home sad, frustrated, aggravated, disappointed and more sad, sadder, saddest. Willing to take the high-priced advice my health insurance is paying for, but not yet reconciled. Not quite ready or able to be gracious about the continued confining disability.  And left my misplaced optimism right there on the cold, hard, indifferent floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment