Thursday, November 23, 2017

a long day...

... made longer by setting the alarm wrong. Hoping to be awakened at five am, to shower, dress, load up and be headed north by six o'clock.  After completing the first part, starting to get on layers of clothing, I glanced at the clock: discovering it is 4:35 rather than heading towards 6:00 am.  Leaving no doubt in my mind about the likelihood of a nap in the afternoon.

When the time reverted back to normal, in early November, from the pointless exercise that is
'daylight savings', my phone did not change. I only use it for an alarm clock, but it is not reliable. Making me think after the second mis-fire, I am better off with nothing than an alarm clock that is untrustworthy. The first time it happened, I was an hour early leaving home, which I was able to effectively fritter away by making unplanned stops while traveling. And today, the report is here.

There is the possibility that The Man Who Lives Here might be part of the problem. When I noticed that phone had not bothered to 'fall back' an hour, he offered to re-set the time. While I, with broken arm am disabled and only barely employed, there has been no need to get up and be on location in a timely manner. Therefore no particular need for waking in the dark to be prompt.

Like most conveniences, you don't need it until you need it. But when it is necessary, it is difficult to use anything else as a replacement. Need to get this worked out, without factoring in my frustrating disability in dealing with things that involve numbers.  Which will make it all the more confusing...

No comments:

Post a Comment