Thursday, November 2, 2017

just so you know...



... that I did participate in celebrating All Hallow's Eve on the last day of October, in an off-hand sort of way.  I did not have any plans to observe the day, mostly due to the on-going disability. Otherwise, there is always the opportunity to dress up in any (company-approved) silly costume and wear your bizarre attire to work.  As a result of being literally 'handicapped', I have not been on the clock for over two weeks.

But I received a call on Tuesday afternoon, asking if I was interested in putting in few hours for trick-or-treating. Of course. Yes. Certainly. A three hour paycheck is better than zero. I went home and put on that white graduation gown I recently found that mysteriously appeared in the weekly church laundry. And quickly fashioned myself a little circle for my head from yellow pipe cleaners. Took myself to the store to play silly games and give away candy. Every area of the store was to have a 'game' and give out candy to little people who came through.

Can't say what others were doing, but my little bean bag toss was remarkably lame. Plus everyone wins a prize:a fist full of sugar from the variety of BOGO candies with spooky wrappers. I might have eaten too much chocolate during various lulls in the intermittent stream of Spiderman, Hulk, Batman, Princesses, Minions, pirates, witches. Mildly amusing....

No comments:

Post a Comment