Monday, November 6, 2017

it has been truly ...

...amusing: the thing I have been reporting to anyone who has looked at me and observed my limitations of the past three weeks. I start off with a vague explanation as to how I came to be in this situation of obvious disability, with a non-functioning right hand. It is still attached to my person, so hopefully regaining full range of motion and usefulness is in the future.

Quite amusing to say: 'I was with my cousin at the Willie Nelson concert.'  And let them come to their own conclusions, make wild, unfounded assumptions, and think the worst?  You might, with no more information, believe I was under the influence, possibly a controlled substance was involved? Or just offer sympathy, without the hilarity of concluding we were out there, in the dark at Chastain Park misbehaving like crazy people.

As the inquiring onlookers express interest, and want the story, they receive only a teaser. It has been great fun to watch their brains digest the information. Slowly making connections, putting the piecse together, assembling what has been published in news factiods about Mr. Nelson's history with illicit substance, along with what I reveal. Then they laugh out loud, ending with a smirk, assuming they know some juicy trash.

Truth be told: we wern't consuming any illicit substances whatsoever.  Just singin' along, toe-tappin' and hand clappin', havin' good clean fun. But in retrospect, we should have taken along some Adult Supervision. Someone who would have provided a modicum of caution, thinking ahead to realize a flashlight would have been invaluable while stumbling around in the dark.  Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment