Monday, November 13, 2017

as a result of ...

... going to that very entertaining musical last Sunday afternoon, I had a hankerin' for more.  I was remembering having seen the movie that came out some years ago about Johnny Cash and June Carter, titled "Ring of Fire." (?) I sent an e-mail to my local library requesting to borrow the DVD.  I have been to my branch twice, hoping to find it had been transferred, but it hasn't come yet.

There is also a bio. about the wild piano playin' man, Jerry Lee Lewis, with Dennis Quaid cast in the leading role. I saw that one years ago, but would love to see it again too. Lewis was definitely a guy willing to live life in the edge. I don't know much about Carl Perkins, who was the fourth guy of that historic "Million Dollar Quartet", other than he was a great guitar player. Here I go, off to google again...

And recently discovered that Kurt Russell did a movie about Elvis. I don't know if the plot is really a biography, or just loosely based on the life of the 'King of Rock 'n' Roll', but with Russell as the lead character, it would have to be good entertainment.  My library procurement source reported that the Elvis movie is on order, but  the other one cannot be located. I know it exists, as I have a very clear memory of being thoroughly astounded at what an outrageous person Jerry Lewis was portrayed to be.  A man who clearly had no hesitation about shocking people with words or actions. And, though slowing down due to age, still scandalously shameless with egregious behavior and uncensored language.

No comments:

Post a Comment