Monday, November 27, 2017

a good idea fails...

... when I foolishly thought I could make cookies to donate. Everything about my 'good idea' went awry. Starting with the fact that I am incapable of cookie production, due to only having one usable, fully functional hand. There are lots of things you can do with one hand, but measuring, stirring, scraping the bowl are not on the list.

First mistake was to think I would have success with a recipe I could not even locate. One I made years ago, when there were small children on the premises, but had not replicated in at least the past decade.  The most necessary piece of equipment is  waffle iron: I gave it away when I emptied all the cupboards to repaint inside when we had the whole house painted. That means without the waffle iron - the whole scheme would be a moot point.

I thought I had donated the electric waffle cooker to a thrift shop/resale store. But found it at a daughters' house. Brought it back when we gathered for Thanksgiving. (Now I have to figure out where to store it in my cupboards.)  And googled up recipes for chocolate waffle cookies. Back to my first paragraph: I now wonder what made me think this was such a great idea? The novelty, I suppose. Can you imagine anything more time-consuming than making four cookies at the time? Arrrgghhh.

In addition to that: very messy. The batter got really thick before it was over, sticking to the 'non-stick' coated cooker, making them really hard to get out without tearing up. Virtually impossible with one hand. They are really unusual looking, but probably the most aggravating thing I've attempted in recent memory. Not easily accomplished with two functioning hands - highly frustrating with only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment