Tuesday, August 9, 2016

you will likely think...

... the fact that I got excited about the newest issue of Reader's Digest coming in the mail today pretty dull. And the fact that I sat right down and started reading seriously low brow. So I hope that the fact I can always find something that makes me laugh out loud will have a small degree redeeming value.

It was a quote from former president Jimmy Carter. I have always been a fan, though there are some who have always viewed  him   as 'way down on the scale on best/most qualified in the line up. I am definitely biased and not just due to his origins in the deep south.. Feeling that the good he has done as a international supporter of human rights and impact he and Roselynn have had on health care far outweighs any thing he did or didn't do while serving in the White House.

"My esteem in this country has gone up substantially. It is very nice now that when people wave at me, they use all their fingers."

No comments:

Post a Comment