Friday, April 17, 2015

up early ....

...to travel to TN this  morning. I set my alarm for 5:00. You know how you want to be sure to not oversleep, so after you set the alarm, you wake up forty times in  the dark, peering at the clock, all night long, to check the time? That happened, so I was lying there, waiting for the alarm to go off. Then it did, and I thought: 'what's the hurry?' Remembered my plan to get through Atlanta before 7:00, so jumped into my clothes and loaded up to hit the road. On the way by 5:30.

I had two buckets to fresh flowers in the floor behind the front seats, desperately hoping they would not turn over to dump gallons of water in the carpet. Uneventful trip, including driving through, around the west side of metro in the usual traffic with a large portion of the four  million commuters whizzing in and out of lanes. Made a couple of stops before I got to TN, but arrived about 9:30, which is about what I had expected., allowing for several of those events/occasions where traffic slows to a crawl, then suddenly returns to full speed with no information or explanation for why we were briefly traveling at 8 m.p.h.

I had the 'contract' to make corsages for Girl Scouts. So had done some chasing around on Thursday to get enough flowers to have what I thought would be adequate numbers to complete the job. And now see that I over-bought, which is, of course much better than not enough. I cringe at the thought of running short, and chasing around in the dark trying to find grocery or discount stores open late at night that would have enough decent flowers available. So I guess it is a good thing that I have more than enough. And though I considered taking back what I can't use for a refund, I'm now thinking I will just share the joy. Multiply the blessings and let other folk have some sunshine in their lives for a few days with cheery lily blooms to brighten their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment