Tuesday, April 7, 2015

MRI....

.. was a bit freaky, but not so much that I had to climb myself out of the tube. I could not have done it if they had wanted to put me completely in there - and when the tech guy started scooting me in, I suddenly decided it was not a good idea. He stopped right before my head would have gone inside, so I could still see the lights in the ceiling, with assurance that was as far as I would go. It never occurred to me that they would want to put my whole self in the tube, so I had not made any effort to avert total panic and a thorough freak-out. If all the dr. needed was a picture of my knee, I assumed that  it would not be necessary to go into  a claustrophobic situation. But I did say 'thankyouJesus' when he came in and said I was done.

I also got completely caught up on my prayer life. A friend of a daughter who has some serious health issues. Unexpected problems when he thought he was going for a fun weekend in Chattanooga, and found himself in ICU instead: definitely not fun. So please put Logan on your prayer list. More testing to be done to confirm possible diagnosis, but they need words with wings.

And Turner family, who just today lost a man who was a husband, dad, grandpa. Who had remarkably survived a nasty motorcycle wreck a couple of years ago. A med-evac./airlift returned him to Columbus from the mid-west where he was traveling, and a long, slow recovery to regain health and mobility. While searching for a replacement Harley to jump on as soon as the dr. would allow. So I did some praying for comfort for those Turner people.

Then I started singing Amazing Grace to myself. All those late night bouts of singing and baby-rocking stood me in good stead, as I still remember all the verses. And sang it over and over to myself while the machine was bumping and thumping, banging and clanging, making anxiety-inducing sounds despite ear plugs. The tech guy said it would take about twenty minutes - though he made me take my watch off so I could not check the time. When he finally came back and told me it was over, I was through, I was so peaceful and calm, I might have been taking a thirty-second nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment