Thursday, April 16, 2015

gettin' organized...

... for the drive to TN in the morning. Made some calls yesterday, hoping to find enough of the specific flowers I will need to take along, without having to make a run to the wholesale florist in Opelika, AL today. But I could not find the carnations and roses in the colors required at the various retail outlets I would usually shop. So I have been Al-o-bama and back this morning. Where I purchased fifty bucks of fresh flowers to take when I will drive to TN tomorrow.

In addition to a crack-o-dawn appointment at the rehab center to get more exercises I am instructed to do to get my bum knee back in shape. When I went in the door,and was the only customer/patient there at that ungodly hour, I said:' I know it did it to myself, as I agreed to be here, but this is craaazy. I cannot even begin to fathom why I would have agreed to a 7:30 a.m. appointment. Really? What was I thinking?' They just laughed, asked my name and said to have a seat. I was out of there in under thirty minutes.

And onto the route I had planned out to pick up the bunches of flowers two different stores were holding for me to come and get today. Then on to Al-o-bama with a banjo on my knee. I was hoping for gas to be cheaper there than in GA, but surprised to find it the same price. So I will just swing by Wallyworld to get three cents off a gallon on the way to work today.

I'm going to TN to make corsages for the Girl Scouts Awards event on Sunday. About ninety of them. So will spend Friday and Saturday plucking, wire-ing, taping, bow-ing, fluffing, fern-ing and bagging carnations and sweetheart roses into corsages for the girls to have completed requirements. They have set goals for themselves  in community service projects and will be recognized for their work at several events throughout the eastern third of Tennessee in the next few weeks. They will be given an opportunity to talk about their goals, successes and value of what they have learned as they have benefitted their communities with their efforts. Pretty neat, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment