Tuesday, April 14, 2015

rehab. appt....

...this morning, bright and early. I knew I would be up and stirring around, so did not have any problem with getting into the rehab center for an 8 a.m. meeting with a therapist. But failed to allow for the fact that I could not actually leave home, because getting out of my driveway onto the street is 'way much challenging at 7:30. Two schools with lots of carpools, teaching staff and busses heading to and fro. And about a gazillion vehicles heading into town from huge subdivision that empties out on the corner adjacent to our lot. So really difficult to catch a break in the traffic. Plus we are at the crest of a hill, and hard to see what's coming from three different directions at once!

But I got there in plenty of time, due to being willing to just jump in when there was the slightest gap in traffic. Far more daresome than bumper cars. But I survived the leap. I'm not much accustomed to the influx of vehicles that time of day, as I am usually either already at work, when I have to go in at 6:00, or sitting here typing away, with plenty of time to let the street chaos clear before I head out.

The therapist was young, possibly in training, but seemed to be very knowledgeable. Asked lots of questions, and was very thorough. We (meaning her directing, and me attempting) did some stretching and strengthening movements. She gave me printed illustrations and instructions, and made more appointments for me to come back in the next few weeks. I will try to be diligent, and hope the things I attempt are: done correctly, helpful and will help me regain muscle strength and mobility. Hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment