Monday, April 20, 2015

the return trip...

...took all day, as I made several stops before finally getting back home. I have a friend in Marietta I re-acquainted with a couple of years ago. We were in some art classes together in another lifetime at Valdosta State, when it was still College instead of University. She is a few years older, was a mom with kids that were probably teens when she was starting to watercolor. She was very talented.

Watercoloring is not the easiest of painting methods. It is not at all forgiving, and not something that you can just pick up a brush and jump in. Mistakes cannot be painted over, and once you put the color on your paper: it's there. No backing up, or changing your mind. But she had the patience to take the time required to do well, and she did some really beautiful paintings. She was living in north GA, some years ago, and recently moved back into the metro. I stopped by to visit, have lunch and catch up on family news.

Then I went across town to see my cousin, who lives in north Decatur. She thought I was coming to spend the night, but when I got finished with the flowering assignment in record time, I decided sleeping in my own bed would be beneficial. So after a variety of visits with a variety of people, including daughter in Decatur, I was headed home. It's never taken me all day to drive that distance, but I was in no  hurry, and had plenty of time to make some detours and visit with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment