Saturday, April 4, 2015

apparently, I am the only one...

...who thought it was amusing. I sent an email to daughters on Wednesday, and did not get much in the way of response. Which leads me to believe: they either did not 'get it', or it wasn't nearly as funny as I thought.  Is my sense of amusement that far off center? Well, maybe...

I told them we had just discovered bats living in the attic of our  house. I was not really anxious just yet, but thought if I could find someone who would make me a 'bat house', the animals would consider relocating. Which would result in avoiding the problem of having to find someone who would go up there and rid us of the infestation.  There are people around  who advertise and do 'pest removal', and for a price will get unwanted visitors out of your home. I actually have a friend who had uninvited guests and had to call, then pay a large sum of money to eliminate some mammals from her home. Scary, frustrating and anxiety inducing.

So I reported the creatures: hoping for some sympathy and possibly advice. Nothing. No one sending out the alarm. No one giving an 800-number for pest removal service. No suggestions for internet sources of bat boxes to mount in the yard, to lure the animals out of the house.  No word on what to feed them to get them to follow a little trail of breadcrumbs and depart.  No advice for solutions. No problem solving, or commiseration.  No encouraging words. Nothing.

I guess they know me well enough to study something of that sort very closely, discover that the date on the email was April 1.

1 comment:

  1. Not true! I wrote you back and asked if you had actual bats or 'bats in mt belfry' type bats.

    ReplyDelete