Wednesday, April 29, 2015

doggie sitter-ing...

...has caused me to change my life a wee bit. I don't usually come to the house for lunch when I am at work. I am required to take a lunch break, but usually just sit down as quickly as possible, to rest my tired footsies until it is two  minutes till time to go back to work.  But with a dog in residence, I think I would rather make the ten minute trip to the house and let her out to do her business than clean up whatever might happen if she stayed in too long.

So I came home, heated up a dish of mac-n-cheese, and sit here for a few minutes to rest before I made the ten minute drive back to work. This little fuzz-mutt is remarkably low maintenance, needs little attention but loves to snuggle up, sit in your lap, get a bit of a scratch.

I took her for a walk yesterday when I got home, and thought we could make a loop through the neighborhood. But about half way it began to rain, too hard for us to finish. So I took refuge on a porch, and called for a ride - discovering our house guest does not like getting wet. She was really pitiful, shivering, quaking till she got back in the house and dried out. I'd probably have finished the walk and been sodden when I returned, but my poochy friend was not at all amenable to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment