Wednesday, April 16, 2014

today, I did...

a bunch of stuff. Starting with waking up at 4:30, due to the cat wanting to start a conversation. I've never really been a 'morning person', and like to wake up to peace and quiet. The Guy I have been living with all these years, has always wanted to chit-chat when he opens his eyes.... no telling how many times I have heard shower tunes before daylight. But I'm much closer to the end of the scale where you do not turn on lights or make lots of noise upon arising.

It has been years since I have had to set an alarm clock,, but my new boss thinks I need to be on the job before daylight. It's been a trying process having to get up and out the door at 5:30, to be at work by 6:00. I would likely be awake and active by six a.m., it's just not my preferred arrival time for employment.

But I did it any way, after feeding myself and the cat. Plus giving the meds she gets twice a day. I knew there would be lots of plants: lilies, tulips, hyacinths, azaleas, daffodils, roses, callas - and they won't sell stuck in a shipping carton in the stock room. So trying to find a place to sit dozens of plants was the first order of business. Then about ten boxes of bouquets: mums, lilies, babies breath, roses that need stems cut and watering. So that's my morning.

And making fruit/yogurt parfaits and salads before leaving about 2:00.

I know this will sound like same-song-second-verse; I could not start  my car. Deeeaaadd battery. Yesh, I know... but this one was the battery in the little clicker gadget that locks and unlocks the doors, in addition to having the ignition 'key'. I'd left a note to ask The Guy to take the spare one to the battery store and get a new battery put in. Assuming that he would know I needed it.  That is a fallacy. He was sitting, when I called to tell him I needed to be rescued. He'd been to the store, got the replacement, and sat with it in his pocket - waiting for me to get desperate?

So I had to call him, sit on the curb in the parking lot for twenty minutes until The Guy came with the clicker to let me in my car. He wanted me to try to key that is on the fob. Which I already did. And could not get the door unlocked. But the new battery has plenty of juice, and solved the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment