Wednesday, April 9, 2014

cat's tale, ongoing...

Just spent about twenty minutes cutting the wee little white pills in half. I know she will be taking this stuff for the rest of her natural life. (Which I guess is not actually 'natural' if I continue to provide the meds that extend it?) So I decided I should try to be a frugal as possible, after investing approximately $800 in this bony little cat: numerous trips to the vet., more testing than I care to consider, pharmaceuticals since early in the year.

The meds I ordered from the pharmacy in Canada came yesterday, and had to be cut in half: administer one half of each pill twice a day. Would it not come out the same if I could persuade her to ingest a single/whole pill one time each day? Sometimes it works like a charm, when I carefully secret the little contraband in a small dab of wet food. And sometimes it doesn't work at all. Then there are times when she will lap up every last drop of the milk the liquid medication has been added to. And times when she is so snooty (cat like!) she lets it sit indefinitely, and it gets poured down the drain. I guess that is what makes cats cats?

If she is going to be taking it forever, I thought I might as well try to order and save a bit. It was not my idea of thrifty, when I placed the order and was told how much they would charge to my MC. But then I called the vets' office and requested enough to get us through the week it would take for the stuff to be shipped, and paid eight dollars for seven of each. So I guess the package that had enough for eight weeks was a pretty decent savings after all. Now all I have to do is persuade her to take the drugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment