Monday, July 31, 2017

about the auntie...

... if you were wondering, and thinking it is time for an update on the status of things in south GA. She has been calling me over the past several days, as confused as usual. Reporting that she is expecting to be 'getting out', and hoping I can come down to give her a ride. She cannot say where she is, to be able to tell where she is 'getting out' of. Or when this 'getting out' might occur.

Tonight she relayed that the information came from the 'Main Man'. But not able to say who the Man is. I asked her to get me a phone number so I could call and get specifics. But sadly, the Man is no longer there. I am nearly certain there is not actually a man who is providing her with information (which would be completely unreliable if it comes from her.) She was remarkably pleasant and unusually civil as she asked me about getting there to provide her with transportation. I was most willing to play along, after receiving so many calls when she was hurtful and hostile.

I have not talked to staff in the assisted living facility, so cannot provide any factual information about her status as far as settling into her present environment. I have been hopeful she would acclimate, adjust to being there, surrounded by staff who can comfort her when she gets confused, and be present when she thinks she is alone. In a place where she has meals provided, and basic care she could not manage on her own.

In the words of my cousin, 'more will be revealed'....

No comments:

Post a Comment