Wednesday, July 26, 2017

these are the ones...





... that are industriously plowing through my parsley plants. I did not know how to take photos to post, and just now, with handy-dandy tech. support able to show you the big fat, well-fed caterpillars.
I admit that I deliberately planted the parsley in the little planters by the front door for them to enjoy. And try very hard not to notice the nasty, disgusting quality of the hugely ugly insects while they are gnawing their way through this preferred meal.

I am not sure what sort of wonderfully beautiful butterfly will happen when the life cycle continues. If you notice on one of the photos, where the striped-y worm is headed back down the stalk, there in a little green chrysalis that is nearly the same color as the plant stalk. First time I have noticed this, and assume if I can keep a close watch I will see a butterfly. Not likely I can be vigilant enough to be there when it happens, but still, it's a pretty neat thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment