Tuesday, July 4, 2017

even though ....

... you have likely had your fill of updates on the auntie in her full crisis mode, there is more to tell. Should you not care to know anymore about how this are progressing, devolving might be more accurate, skip over this one. I am Very Thankful she is someplace where she is getting round the clock care, with people available to provide attention and words of encouragement at all hours of the day and night.

Sadly, she is completely lost to herself. So the questions she dreams up are random, and often not related to anything the staff there at the facility know about or have the ability to provide answers to her satisfaction. Fortunately, they are familiar with the 'forgetting disease', and skilled at methods to help those so afflicted in dealing with the inevitable decline and confusion. My assumption is that the staff accepts the people they care for who are always questioning, and in a constant state of never retaining the answers to they receive. You learn to provide assurance, along with the same answers over and over and over...

She called me yesterday to ask why I was not there bringing her the shampoo and clothing we had talked about. I replied that I was not there because I had to work, and we had not had any conversation about things she reported needing. Then she wanted to know when she was going home. It was not a pleasant conversation. When she heard that she was staying right where she is, she got very angry and called me bad things. I am currently the title holder of Meanest Person in the World. And she was so furious with not getting the answer she wanted, she said she did not want to be related to me anymore, so she hung up on me. I can only hope that ending the conversation with a resounding bang of the phone receiver solved her problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment