Tuesday, August 1, 2017

the people who...

... come to my house and sleep will be much better satisfied with overnight accommodations now.  A recent guest reportedly described the bed she was in as 'like sleeping in a canoe'. And her sister said she would rather spend the night on the couch than try to rest on the futon. No one reported it to me, and I never ever sleep there, so how was I to know?

I called someone who I thought would be handy enough to look at it, and just conveniently have the right tools in his truck to resolve the 'canoe' problem. It took several calls over several days, but he came this afternoon. And as I suspected, had everything necessary to provide a quick fix right out there on the driveway. He was in and out in less than an hour.

The futon is back together, and ready for testing. I hope someone will visit soon and take up the challenge: canoe sleeping? Which might not be all that bad anyway, as I know people on boats did it for years when on extended sea voyages. I know the futon is not perfect, and certainly not the same as one's own personal space. But I am guessing probably a better experience than the bouncy-ness of  tandem sleeping on an air mattress

No comments:

Post a Comment