Tuesday, July 25, 2017

lost time...

... is irreplaceable. But we are not philosophizing today: rather talking about me causing the alarm clock on the phone to vanish. Which created excessive concern about getting to work on time. So very aggravating. It happened several weeks ago when I accidentally, unintentionally but yet very cleverly, somehow deleted the alarm function on the new confusing phone.

You know they persuaded me to go to the phone store and 'helped' me pick out a new phone that has about a gazillion functions on it I don't want, can't figure out, will not use. Then they left town, with me struggling to answer the phone when someone called. You recall my comment about it taking three days to figure out how to answer incoming calls? Very frustrating and stressful for the tech. impaired.

Then after I had figured out how to set the alarm to wake me up at some ungodly hour like 5 am or 6 o'clock in the morning. I went to set it to get me up in time for going to work and could not figure out where??? After  more than several minutes of getting thoroughly irritated, I decided I could just go back and get the old phone, which I knew how to operate. So, of course, the battery was dead. And it is only good for 'emergency calls'. Which is pretty much how I felt at that point-exhausted and long past ready for bed, but unwilling to hit the pillow without certainty of waking in a timely manner.

I did find the old-school flip phone, plugged it in, and continue to use it for getting up on the days I am expected to punch the clock. Plus I asked someone at work to find the clock on the new phone. It all worked out - until the alarm on the new phone goes off at six o'clock every morning and I cannot figure out how to turn it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment