Saturday, July 22, 2017

now that it is...

... too late for you to enjoy, is a good time to make a comment on the wondefulness of fresh, locally grown southern peaches. Oh, yes. When the daughter came to visit her dad, she stopped at a farm stand and bought a bag of ripe juicy local peaches. He did not want one, so I sat right there, peeled and ate one right out of the paper bag. They were delicious.

I always think of my grandmother every time I peel a fresh peach. They are so juicy and drippy you have to stand over the sink, to keep it from dripping everywhere. When at the peak of ripe, the fuzzy skin will easily just slip off the meaty part, with only the slightest encouragement. Leaving that yummy drippy mess in your hand for your taste buds to dance with delight. Making me pull up that mental picture of grandmother standing over her kitchen sink, dripping peach juice, and peeling a fresh ripe peach just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment