Friday, November 8, 2013

what were YOU doing at 3 a.m.????

You've probably heard me mumbling about how 'old people don't sleep good', not really whining per se, but just distressed. Feeling like I never really get a full/good night's sleep. Now that I'm edging up into that 'mature adult' category, I've been taking various OTC's trying to figure the right combo that will induce a restful night's bliss. Not yet to the solution, despite my efforts to resolve waking up at 1:15 and 2:30 and 3:45. And again at 4:52  or 5:30, when I will finally give up, and decide to go ahead and get started on all those things I've been lying there pondering.  With my eyes wide open and brain spinning, thinking of what I could be accomplishing instead of lying there not sleeping.

So I woke up in south GA, at 3:00 a.m., and knowing I was planning to drive from my aunt's house in Valdosta to Decatur, I got dressed and on the road. Even with a couple of stops along the way, I was knocking on the door at 7:00. Where I thought: maybe I will just lay down for a few minutes… and woke up about 8:30.

So now we've eaten such a big manly breakfast of eggs and deliciously cheezy grits and homemade muffings, we need to go lay down and let all that food rest a while before getting out into the world.
Talking about going to Fernbank Science Museum over on Ponce de Leon St., to see the Marco Polo exhibit. If you are like me you can't just say "Marco Polo", but you say it as you think it from all those years of the game in the swimming pool, where the someone who is 'it' says "Marco" and all those others in the water respond with "Polo".

After lunch I'll be heading north some more, with my travels ending in Chattanooga. At the end of the day, I will have for all practical purposes, made the drive the length of GA, traveling the distance from just north of the Florida state line into TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment