Saturday, November 16, 2013

how did Seinfeld word it???

... did he say ' a show about nothing?' That's mostly what Saturday has been here. After days of driving for hours on end, a wee bit of employment, and hours devoted to volunteering. Today was: virtually a blank square on the calendar.

I did go with TP to a dr. appt. this morning, that was remarkably worth: nothing. As we were sitting in the little cubicle waiting for the PA to dig around and locate the results of a test done a month ago, we waited and waited and waited. He finally said: 'I've had enough of this, and I'm getting ready to go whether they can find the paperwork or not - how about you?' I replied that I had devoted far more time to doctor's waiting space earlier in the week, so I was not nearly at the point of loosing patience. After sitting for - literally - hours on two different occasions Monday and Tuesday, waiting for thirty minutes was unremarkable.

It was helpful that I found a really interesting magazine with an article about Matt Damon I was immersed in. That I did not finish before we were released, so I'll pass that along to all you Damon fans out there, as it somehow ended up in my car. Interviewed while drinking beer in Germany, working on "The Monuments Men", a movie I can't wait to see: about Allied Forces locating and repatriating priceless art work that had been stolen and hidden by Nazis.

I ate lunch I didn't want, but did want to see and spend time with cohorts. A new Indian restaurant recently opened on the north side of town, and friends had planned to meet there today. I was expecting that most of the dishes would be to spicy for my little tame taste-buds. And I was right. I love the flavor of curry, but in small doses, and there were no small doses on the buffet today. But we sat and talked for an hour or so, and enjoyed the unhurried time to visit.

Then I went to the Just A Buck Store and spent $51. Holy Cow.It's time to fill shoeboxes with kid stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment