Friday, November 15, 2013

and that third trip to south GA...

The third time I went to Valdosta in less than a week? Crazy! Oh? Defnitely. I had an appointment at 11:00 on Thursday morning. Since I was not sleeping anyway, I got up at 4:00 a.m. to start driving, which would give me plenty of time to make several stops along the way. Currently my little secret addiction (not chocolate? surprise!!) is Pumpkin Spice cappucino from the curb store - which has limited availability, and can only be found in those machines for several months of the year. So you gotta' get it when the gettin' is good. Which I did yesterday. Bringing about several other opportunities to stop at curb staores farther down the road to relieve  myself.

And then when I got to my appt., the little receptionist said: 'You know your appointment is at 11:30, right?' So guess who was spending more time sitting around in the waiting area, cooling heels, reading more old magazines?

The highlight of the trip was calling a friend for lunch, and having her meet me at Taco Bell. We had a nice visit and I got back on the road to drive and drive and drive. I did enjoy seeing all those fields of cotton, awaiting the harvesting machinery when I was driving to and fro - and made lots of progress on my current 'talking book', so it was a pleasant day to be out in the world. Pretty weather, sights to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment