Wednesday, November 6, 2013

it was just last night...and just this morning....+added photos...




... when we were talking around here about how frequently I am getting notices about break-ins out in our end of the county. I am on this list serve/generic mailing list and constantly, every day, getting something about someone else who has had a house burgled while no one was at home. Plus numerous lost dogs, missing cats, lawnmowers, bicycles, etc. But houses with doors being pried open, or kicked in, and valuables being gone when homeowners return.

It happened right here: today. I will not print my address, although we now have nothing worth taking. I am glad that I think/hope I gave away all my valuable jewelry, so when they plundered through my stuff, I don't think they found anything worth bothering with. Which probably was pretty annoying to people looking for stuff to sell.

When I walked in the house, through the carport door that I: ha, ha, ha, locked this morning when I left about 8:45. Made a straight line to the bathroom, while thinking: where could that piece of moulding have come from that is lying in the short hallway near the front door? So after I got zipped, and went to look, completely baffled, I soon discovered: we've been burgled! Firstly, I called 911. Secondly, I called TP to say: I've been broke into, you need to come home.

Some jewelry, a couple of handguns, the basket full of his pocket change.He is probably more distressed about the commemorative watches from SF and ring from the year the hockey team won, that has his name on it, than the hand guns. Those can't be replaced, but could be traced if they turn up in a pawn shop.

So here I am counting my blessings: no one is hurt. We are perfectly safe. The man who will board up the front door (dead bolts don't stop anyone!) is here. And saying we need to replace all this and that, since apparently no one bothers to actually repair anything any more....There are more photos, that don't seem to want to be inserted, of stuff that was flung out of dresser drawers onto the floor, when they were going through looking for valuables. Now that all the 'horses are out of the barn', we will likely have the door facing reinforced, as well as a much more durable door/lock assembly put in place. Even though both of the other two doors that would provide entry into the house have glass panes and would be remarkably easy to open for access into the house that no longer has anything of value...

If I were a person who does a lot of swearing, right about here is where you would see: #$%& and *%!#, with a bit of $@%##, thrown in for good measure. This is the sort of thing that happens to other people....

This is what the bedroom floor looked like: when I realized we had been burgled, and I went down the hall and took a picture of what those piss-ants had done when searching for valuables in the chester-drawers. Thankfully I did not have anything of value in those drawers. And did not actually have any 'drawers' stored in there either. So all they did was toss everything on the floor, before doing the same to the dresser and dashing out the door holding their pants up as their pockets were dragging the ground from all that loose change the stole, along with two ancient handguns.

No comments:

Post a Comment