Tuesday, November 26, 2013

speaking of 'fortunately'....

Or better said: 'fortuitious'. Did you see me? When I was doing the happy dance this morning early, before I went to work? After I got myself showered, clothed, and face properly applied, I decided to put some different ear-rings in. And when I looked in that little plastic box that has been sitting on the shelf in the bathroom, innocuous, in plain view, for months: I found those rings I thought had been part of the heist.

I definitely did the happy dance. P. was apparently not nearly as pleased as I was - but he's pretty well past doing any dancing for any reason, so we should not have expected him to be twirling around with delight.When I got  home after work, he said that he had looked at the list of things we wrote, items we believed were missing, to see if he might need to repay the insurance company. Of Course Not. The total of what was burgled is still much more than the coverage we had for 'jewelry and furs', so the idea of refunding part of what we got never occurred to me!

I had actually already gotten over it - the loss of 'stuff', but I am now happy that the prodigal jewelry has returned. Do not plan to have a party to celebrate, and do plan to give it away, so the people who are the recipients will have to hide it or do the worrying, increase their premiums to cover potential B&E guys. The only thing I was even considering being sad about was my mom's engagement and wedding rings - which would be the only thing that was taken of mine I could possibly identify, had it turned up at the pawn shop.  But I am pleased to report - the things I thought were completely gone never actually left home!

No comments:

Post a Comment