Friday, September 29, 2017

while traveling to and fro...

... doing all that running up and down the road that seems to occur with amazing frequency, I often have a drink at hand. They put the cu-p-holder there so I must/need to put something in it, right?  Cheap me: usually recycling a styro. cup from Sonic, or chic-fil-a, adding more ice and liquid.

Recently, I stopped at a curb store to get something snack-y, and re-fill my well used styrofoam cup. Put in ice at the soda machine, but looking for something without caffeine to drink. Over in the doors where there are bottled sodas and juice, I found cream soda, and bought a couple of those. When little people were here, I did not often buy sodas, so it was special when we did have carbonated drinks in the house. They both learned to love cream soda and root beer, things that routinely do not give that caffeine kick.  After I paid and got to my car, I opened and poured part of one bottle over ice. I did not drink it all, so some was left in the bottle for another time.

I took it to work recently, and was drinking it on my lunch break. A co-worker asked me why I was drinking Windex? because it was the same bright blue color as window cleaner. No point in setting him straight. So I said: "It's really pretty good, once you get past the color, and the awful taste. Do you want to try some?"

No comments:

Post a Comment