Monday, September 11, 2017

looking at the weather map...

... was not a smart thing to do. But if I am going to get up and go to work in the morning, I need to get into bed soon. Looking at what's headed our way is probably not what I should have been doing to get in the right frame of mind for a night of peaceful rest. That hurricane is still headed this way. Slowly blustering across southwest Georgia, traveling north with lots of wind and rain. Gusts up to forty-something mph in the wee hours as it passes through our area.

According to the weather experts, people who are looking at what has happened, and think they can predict what is coming next: it will be really bad overnight. Not bad like what happened in south FL, but enough for public service sector to be warning folks to stay at home, be safe, and don't call us! Neighboring county safety reports that they will not respond to calls due to high winds. Not very comforting to announce that when people depend on a prompt help when they have been lead to believe all it takes is a call to 911.

I still expect to go to work tomorrow, unless there is so much stuff on the road I cannot get there. I was told the mayor announcing citizens should stay at home was not a valid excuse to be AWOL today, so I assume it will not work tomorrow either. Even though the store was running on generators when I left, in the semi-dark, with only minimal lighting and enough electricity to run cash registers, they were still in business. Hope the freezers will keep working, and we are still open for business when I get there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment