Monday, September 25, 2017

saw that guy again...

... the amusing man riding a bicycle down the sidewalk when I was going home after work. The major highway I drive to and from my employment must be part of his regular route as he seems to travel the same area frequently. I have seen him several times, and wished I could take a photo, like some of the confounding ones I see on you tube. Under the heading of  'if you had not actually seen it, you would not believe it'.

This is a full grown adult, riding on a child's bike. I guess the little tires on the red bicycle must be ten or twelve inches in diameter:  really small for an adult to be peddling like mad. But the most surprising part is his head gear: a complete, intact motorcycle helmet, with Plexiglas visor. Not a vented, light-weight bike helmet, but a black helmet designed for high-impact motorcycle riders.

I chuckle to myself every time I drive down the street and see him industriously peddling away, intent on his destination. I have to give  him credit for being willing to work so hard to get there, plus cautious enough to want to wear a helmet. Probably does not really matter how odd he appears, as he busily heads out to get where ever he wants to be. And likely not much more strange looking than me, as I am trundling down the street pushing my wheelbarrow. With buckets, jugs and shovel, heading out in the late afternoon to do some weeding on my little planting project across the street. I suspect that all the vehicles that stop at the intersection, and pass by as I am trucking across to get to the flower bed and pull weeds are thinking: 'where in the world is that crazy person going, pushing the wheelbarrow down the road?'

No comments:

Post a Comment