Monday, September 18, 2017

it happened at work...

... though I doubt anyone else there was nearly as amused as I continue to be. The back story goes into last week, when a co-worker did not show up for his shift very early one  morning. There has to be someone in the produce department who comes in early enough to off-load a truck from the warehouse any time after 5 a.m. This guy, Pete, did not show up. Admittedly, he has a lot of 'issues' in his life right now, but even so, does not need to put his employment at risk.

My department manager, A., was so aggravated with everything about this, esp. as A. to do Pete's job as well as all the other things he had planned to get done. I expect A. would have strangled Pete if he could have found him. I left town, and did not know the outcome, only that Pete was on the  job when I got to work on Sunday morning.  I was 100% nosey, and told A. I knew it was none of my business, but wanted to know how it was resolved. Pete, as I suspected, got a 'good talking to', and will likely shape up for a while.

The funny part is when A. later asked me where a co-worker was/what she was doing. I said "I do not know. That I was far too busy minding Pete's business to be able to devote any time to knowing that!" Sadly, no one else appreciated my humor, but I chuckled to myself all day long, thinking about how clever I was to blurt that out at the right time.  I usually have the perfect 'come-back' long after the occasion has passed. It was pretty funny, though I do not think Pete would be much amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment