Thursday, September 28, 2017

really strange...

...happening at my house several nights ago.  I have to set my alarm to get up at 5 a.m. and on to work by 6:00. Even though it was fairly early in the evening, I was gone to bed, and probably just drifted off to sleep in five seconds before this occurred. The dang alarm went off - according to The Man Who Lives Here, for no apparent reason. Which is pretty hard to believe, but I cannot argue.

There is a small plastic control box, with key pad that has a 'panic button', on the wall in the bedroom where he sleeps. He was in that room at the time, immediately punched the button to quiet the deafening alarm, which is situated in the attic directly over my bed, about ten feet from my sleeping ears. When I questioned him about this incident the following day, after my heart rate returned to normal, he reported he had 'No Idea' what set it off. I am still filled with wonderment, full of questions I would like to ask, but currently keeping my mouth shut.

As you might expect, that alarm brought the presence of law enforcement. The Man reported by the time he could get his pants on, there was a cop with a flashlight poking around on the screened porch. And the total of armed personnel who responded to that alert was three. Fortunately, they did not arrive with light bars flashing. There was no intruder found. Nothing out of the ordinary here. My heart, though revved up to top speed, eventually allowed me to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment