Thursday, March 3, 2016

really sorry, but....

...here I am again, gloating about the most excellent mileage I get in the Toyota Prius. When I went to Decatur last weekend, I stopped to fill up right before getting on the four lane, then I-185, then I-85 to Atlanta. I set the cruise control (very conservatively) at 71 or 72, trying to keep in the right lane to prevent myself from being smooshed by vehicles going 90 mph or more, desparately trying to make up for leaving the house ten minutes late. I was getting: Holy Cow! an average of 67 mpg!

Pretty impressive, huh? Yeah, I thought so too, until I started on the return trip from Valdosta on Wednesday morning. Stopped to fill up right before getting on I-75, and set the cruise, about the same as last Saturday morning. And found myself getting 69 mpg. Not to brag, or anything...but let me tell you about how happy I am with my Toyota.

No comments:

Post a Comment