Friday, March 18, 2016

cookin' at work....(spinach salad)

... was on the menu recently, along with a good chicken dish that has already been reported on (maybe?), but probably not tempting enough for me to duplicate in the privacy of my own kitchen. That chicken recipe had diced ham and cheese added after you simmer the poultry in applejuice and seasoning to give it a southwest-ish flair. I brought the card home for the spinach salad, which is very easy and something I would replicate for home folk.

Wilted spinach salad

1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans, which I prefer)
1/4 cup caramelized onion yogurt salad dressing (we were using the Bolthouse brand, I think)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
5 oz., or one small bag, fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese

Preheat skillet, pour in oil. Add walnuts and cook 1-2 min. till they are fragrant and beginning to brown. Stir in tomatoes, dressing, salt and pepper. Bring to low simmer. Turn off heat, stir in spinach and cheese, coating well. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment