Thursday, March 31, 2016

confessing....

...to something half-brained and probably slightly dumb. There was a time when I would never ever admit to foolish behavior, own up to personal stupidity. But what-the-hell...Lots of things I used to be so conscious of, and fearful about: not nearly as important now. Things that were once monumental have diminished greatly over the years. So, who cares? Not me.


I've written about going to a tiny little community with a huge Baptist church in Harris County on Thursday afternoons. Helping a little third grade guy with his homework, working on spelling words, doing math problems, practicing counting money/change. I've missed a couple of weeks recently, one due to being on the schedule to work and another  because I forgot. Then the one last week when I worked nearly around the clock and just could not get away.

So I was determined to leave work today in time to get out there and meet my little guy, as there is only about a month left of the program. The tutoring will end with the last week of April, and I think they get out for the summer in mid-May. I really wanted to make the most of the few days we have left to progress in his school work. Went dashing out from work and off to get to the church by four o'clock. And got there in plenty of time: to discover the door locked, whereupon I remembered the Harris County schools are out for spring break all week.  I felt like such a doofus.

No comments:

Post a Comment