Saturday, February 28, 2015

nearly missed...

...my chance to celebrate Black History Month. But squeezed in a concert by a African American church choir after I got off work tonight, so I think I got it covered. Our senior pastor, sweet, funny, big-hearted Derrick, contacted a large AA church here in town, to ask about bringing his large choir to sing at CCC. Apparently the only open night on the calendar was Feb. 28, which is pretty close to  not  celebrating  in BHM.

They were supposed to start at six, and I debated with myself about going, as I had to work till 7:00. But I got cleaned up, and out the door on time, and decided to give it a try. I am glad I went, as they were in full voice when I crept in at 7:15, and continued for nearly an hour.

It was just exactly what you would have expected from a large black choir full of large black men and women.  I'm glad I went, and thankful there was no preaching involved: just joyful voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment