Friday, February 27, 2015

never before ....

... have I been called a 'witch'. But someone suggested I might be one today. I am pretty sure there have been occasions in my life when other people have referred to me as one spelled with a 'b', but I cannot recall ever hearing me referred to as a witch.

I'd written a friend a post card recently, just a sort of 'thinking of you' thing. Someone I knew from many many years ago, and have seen maybe three or four times in the past thirty-odd years since leaving south GA. But I think of her and her family often, and -you know me- sending out little notes and cards to encourage, stay in touch, let them know they have been on my mind and heart.

So I sent the card, and she called today. To say she had gotten the note telling her that she had really been on my mind a lot recently, and I was just wanted to be in touch to let het know, hoping everyone in her family was doing well?  She reported having a 'heart episode' about two weeks ago, which would have been when she started popping up in my consciousness.

So her husband asked if the two of us were witches? I'd have to say: 'to the best of my knowledge, No.' But do know of a personal experience where I spent so much time with someone I could supply the end of a sentence. Which would, I guess, signify that our brains were so closely in tune, and possibly wired the same as to make us think on the same wavelength? Kinda creepy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment