Thursday, February 26, 2015

more about that auntie...

...after I made the second trip to Marietta to pick her up this afternoon. I was concerned about weather conditions, and thinking I might not be driving north, when the weather forecasting was for icy roads. Fearing that my little car would slide off the road, I had proposed that the man with the big SUV would be the one driving. He seems to get so much satisfaction from fretting about any type  weather crisis, I knew he would be delighted to have that opportunity. The man who has not driven in snowy/icy conditions since he graduated from high school thoroughly enjoys talking about how 'people down here don't know how to drive in bad weather'.

As it turned out - the problem never became problematic. Apparently the forecasters over estimated the possibility for disaster - it was the crisis that never happened. I am assuming the temperature did not drop low enough for the rain and snow that fell yesterday to freeze on the streets, so icy pavement never occurred - at least not in the area I needed to be. I expect that in more northerly climes there have been lots of closings of businesses and schools, people with plans changed for travel due to crazy weather.

But the plans we laid on Tuesday for me to return to get her on Thursday went as smoothly as possible. Got started a bit later than intended, but uneventful. I'd meant to leave here for there by about 1:00, thinking that she might want to head on back to south GA today. But life got a bit complicated. So I was nearly 2:30 getting away, which caused me to be in the worst of the leaving town traffic when I started back south. So she'll be here overnight, and leave for Valdosta in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment