Wednesday, February 25, 2015

and then I fell....

into bed as soon as I could get home and get  my teeth brushed. After getting my auntie to north Atlanta in the morning, and driving back in time to get to work at 3:00. Then standing on my feets for five hours, cooking the parmesan chicken and pasta dish and serving/giving it away three times. It was pretty good, according to all the people who came by for a taste. Since it all went into the mouths of customers, I never did taste it myself. But they pretty much all recommended it - though there were a couple of folks who asked if I had any salt. I was so busy, dishing up pasta and slicing chicken cutlets, I could not stop long enough to reach for the salt.

I had not used chicken 'cutlets' before, but was interested to see how they are done in about ten minutes, as opposed to how long it takes a whole chicken breast to get cooked to safe/proper serving temp. 165 degrees. I have gotten remarkably reliable about testing with the thermometer to be sure they are completely done. Don't want anyone to become ill from food borne illness on my watch.

It's pretty easy, and fairly quick. Once you get the thin sliced chicken coated with seasoning, flour,egg and bread crumbs, they are nearly ready to eat in about six minutes. Saute in the skillet, add the mozzarella to melt, and pour on the sauce. The pasta in this recipe was angel hair, so it only takes a few minutes to cook, once you get your water boiling. I was telling people you could probably have it on the table and be ready to sit down to eat in about twenty minutes, if you had the family help out with getting a salad and bread while you are prepping the chicken and pasta. I think I would like something a little more substantial than the angel hair, like thin spaghetti or vermicelli, but ....

No comments:

Post a Comment