Saturday, February 28, 2015

fallin' off...

..the wagon. With family visiting last weekend, and inducing  various and sundry splurging with things and quantities of which I would not normally partake, I have begun to backslide. Plus the auntie who was here for several meals this week, along with bad weather that is my best excuse for not walking every day. Not so much the weather, as time devoted to travel that prevented the exercise.

I knew I needed to get to WW this week, as today is the end of the month, and I have avoided the reality of the bathroom scale too long, letting undesirables creep up. So I was thinking I should just bite the bullet and go this morning before work. It's cold, and I have on lots of layers to peel off. In public - I told them they should set up bleachers on the sidewalk and charge admission for the 'strip show'. That pedestrians would get some cheap thrills, before the passers-by realize they would not actually see anything since we don't 'dare to bare' it all with the weigh in. Though some do strip down to the most basic of essentials. 

But upon realizing I would have to pay - regardless of whether I am going in with too many #'s or getting there after the month ran out - I decided: keep your clothes on. Also thinking that if I wait and can be more conscientious about what I do and don't put in my mouth, it's likely that I can get it under control. So I will have to pay the penalty for not getting there in a timely manner, but have convinced  myself that is preferable to paying by the pound.  Not actually 'by the pound' - just have to pay the weigh-in/meeting fee because I can't keep my mouth shut when I should not be eating desserts -tasty things that are milli-seconds on my taste buds while creating a lasting effect elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment